Microsoft Intelligent Cloud Financial Performance from Time to Time- According to Annual Report from 2016 to 2022 published by Microsoft Corp, The Intelligent Cloud. Besides theProductivity and Business Processes segment, Cloud Business from Microsoft started to give the significant impact to this company.
Microsoft and Its Development from Time to Time
In technology industry, Microsoft still becomes one of the leader technological companies in the world along with Alphabet, Amazon, Apple, and Meta (Facebook). Since it is founded on April 4th, 1975, by Bill Gates and Paul Allen, this company has changed the technologies to the World and People. Many innovative products have been launched by this people and many of them need the Microsoft products. Operationally, based on its business, this company provides software, services, devices, and solutions and Most people in the world knows the products can be recognized by some people in the world. Microsoft office and Windows operating system are some of the most popular products from this company. Many people still used their products to help their daily activity.
Along with business development, this company has grown significantly from Time to Time. It can be looked at the financial position and business performance of Microsoft from Time to Time. All the data was obtained from Annual Report of the Microsoft.
The Assets, Liabilities, and Equities of Microsoft Corporation from Time to Time
|US Dollars||US Dollars||US Dollars|
|Source : Microsoft Annual Report, 1999-2022|
in 1999, the asset of Microsoft is just USD 38,321 million with liabilities around USD 9,883 million and equities around USD 28,438 million. After its journey in more than 20 years, the assets of Microsoft have grown to USD 364,840 million with liabilities around USD 198,298 million, and equities around USD 166,542 million in 2022. All of this data was obtained from Balance sheet of Annual Report from 1999 to 2022.
The Revenue and Net income of Microsoft Corporation from Time to Time
|Million US Dollars||Million US Dollars|
|Source : Microsoft Annual Report, 1999-2022|
Financially, based on the business performance of Microsoft from 1999 to 2022, The positive business trend always happened in Microsoft. Financially, in 1999, the revenue of Microsoft was just USD 19,747 billion with net income around USD 7,786 million. Furthermore, in 2022, After more than 20 years, the revenue of Microsoft has grown into USD 198,270 million with Net income around USD 72,738 million. Basically, all this data was obtained from income statement of Annual Report from 1999 to 2022.
As of 2022, Microsoft have some diversified business with many products, software, and applications. Officially, Microsoft has three segments of its business including Productivity and Business Processes, Intelligent Cloud, and More Personal Computing.
1. Productivity and Business Processes
Productivity and Business Processes consist of :
• Office Commercial (Office 365 subscriptions, the Office 365 portion of Microsoft 365 Commercial subscriptions, and Office licensed on-premises), comprising Office, Exchange, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Office 365 Security and Compliance, and Microsoft Viva.
• Office Consumer, including Microsoft 365 Consumer subscriptions, Office licensed on-premises, and other Office services.
• LinkedIn, including Talent Solutions, Marketing Solutions, Premium Subscriptions, and Sales Solutions.
• Dynamics business solutions, including Dynamics 365, comprising a set of intelligent, cloud-based applications across ERP, CRM, Customer Insights, Power Apps, and Power Automate; and on-premises ERP and CRM applications.
Intelligent Cloud of Microsoft consists of public, private, and hybrid server products and cloud services that can help modern business and developers. This segment primarily comprises:
• Server products and cloud services, including Azure and other cloud services; SQL Server, Windows Server, Visual Studio, System Center, and related Client Access Licenses (“CALs”); and Nuance and GitHub.
• Enterprise Services, including Enterprise Support Services, Microsoft Consulting Services, and Nuance professional services.
3.More Personal Computing
Microsoft’s More Personal Computing segment consists of products and services that put customers at the center of the experience with our technology. This segment primarily includes;
• Windows, including Windows OEM licensing (“Windows OEM”) and other non-volume licensing of the Windows operating system; Windows Commercial, comprising volume licensing of the Windows operating system, Windows cloud services, and other Windows commercial offerings; patent licensing; and Windows Internet of Things.
• Devices, including Surface and PC accessories.
• Gaming, including Xbox hardware and Xbox content and services, comprising first- and third-party content (including games and in-game content), Xbox Game Pass and other subscriptions, Xbox Cloud Gaming, third-party disc royalties, advertising, and other cloud services.
• Search and news advertising.
Microsoft Intelligent Cloud and Its Development
With the growth of database and clouding industries, Microsoft continue to invest in high performance and sustainable computing to meet the growing with providing network of cloud computing infrastructure and datacentres.
cloud business benefits from three economies of scale: datacentres that deploy computational resources at significantly lower cost per unit than smaller ones. Financially, the intelligent cloud from time to time has increased and making positives growth of revenue and operating income.
Table of Revenue and Operating Income of Intelligent Cloud of Microsoft
|Years||Intelligent Cloud Segment|
|millions USD ($)||millions USD ($)|
|Source : Microsoft Annual Report,2016- 2022|
According to Annual Report of Microsoft from 2016 to 2022, the intelligent cloud segment of Microsoft always in good conditions. In 2016, the revenue of Intelligent cloud just 24,952 million US Dollars with operating income around 9,249 million US Dollars. Furthermore in 2022, the revenue of intelligent Cloud become 75,251 million US Dollars with operating income around 32,721 million US Dollars.
Bibliography of Microsoft Intelligent Cloud Financial Performance From Time to Time
Microsoft. 2022. Investor Relations (Annual Report). Accessed via https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/investor on January 2nd, 2023.
Microsoft.2023. Company Overview. Accessed via https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Investor/company-overview.aspx on January 16th, 2023.